Monday, November 13, 2006

THE TWELVE GIFTEES OF CHRISTMAS: PART VI

Unsure of what to buy for someone in your life? Rock and Wrap's "The Twelve Giftees of Christmas" can help. Or, at least help you add more things to YOUR holiday wishlist.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I admit, i'd been avoiding this particular post. But then, genius struck. And now, my dear gift guide, I am ready to conquer you. So here it is: The Twelve Giftees of Christmas' latest installment: my father.
Or, rather, your father.
But more likely, your teenage brother/boyfriend/guy who cuts your lawn. Because frankly, my dad is anything but traditional.

Yes, at $100 they are on the expensive side. But these aren't just "posters." These are abstract expressions of pop cultrure and modern art rolled into one. They are the only art pieces I know of that offer all of these unique components, because I am not holding my breath on Picasso and Andy Warhol doing a collaboration piece anytime soon. Plus, you can just make out the subtle rock influences peeking through. Rock, my friends. Rock. Although you could opt for the beautiful rock posters they also sell on the site, if your dad is into The Mountain Goats.

...And just because I'm ridiculously nice, i'm presenting you with a framing option. These very nearly asian-inspired scroll frames make any "poster" look good, but they will most certainly make the aforementioned Art Piece completely gallery-worthy. And completely affordable, are they not??? For frames? Are you joking? The low, low bargain price for these stylin' frames completely makes up for spending $100 on paper. Er, art. Can we move on now? Other things my dad would like?

Ok, this one's a tad more traditional. My dad is really into notebooks. And day planners. And although this looks ridiculously boring, I hear that they come in red and maybe even orange and are time-honored journal/planners that were used by great artists. And apparently people get really into them and you can buy cool covers. Or something. And last but not least...

A Sex Pistols mug. Why? Because that's just really really ironic.

Paris Map Wrap. Because my dad likes history. And old things. Are we done yet? Yes, dear. We are.

-Rock and Wrap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home